Step 1: Ways to Create an Email Group
You can create email groups in either of the following ways:
1) Go to ‘Email Groups’ on the admin panel
2) Choose ‘Create Group‘ within ‘Select Group‘ option while composing an email sending out a bulk-email.
Step 2: Define Email Group
Regardless of which method you chose, on clicking create group, the following dialog box pops up:
Here, you can define the following:
- Group Name : This is the name that you assign to the group, for your own reference. Call it what you wish. e.g. Batch of 1986, Lives in California, Unregistered Users
- How to add members to the email group:
- Choose from existing profiles on the platform
- Excel sheet
Step 3: Add members
The second method is explained in the article Upload an Email List from Excel.
The first method has two ways to select the profiles from.
- Define a segment from directory
Click on "Click here to define query"
You will be directed to the directory page.
Here, use the search filters to select the profiles to be added to the email group.
Maximize the pop-up window in-case you can’t see filters and the submit button.
Set one or many filters based on fields like Class, Education, Location, employment and whether they are registered or not.
2. Choose specific members
Click on "Click here to select."
A pop-up appears from where you can select multiple profiles
Step 4: Create the group
Once you defined your group, and selected profiles, you should see the following box now on your earlier window.
The option you choose to add members will be auto-filled.
Now, click on Create group.
Your email group has been created successfully!
This group, being dynamic will automatically get updated based on changes the alumni make on their profiles as well!
Note: The email groups you create by uploading email list from Excel won't be dynamic
Now you can select the created group whenever you click Select Group when sending out bulk emails.
To edit this group later, you can go to ‘Email Groups’ from the Communication Center on the Admin panel, click on More actions option for the email group you want to edit.
Note: You can also create Email Groups from Data Studio.