This page appears when you try to login using your LinkedIn profile:
Once authenticated by this step, LinkedIn's information sharing policy allows us to capture the following fields. These get imported to your database:
- Profile picture
- Current position (employment)
- Email id
- Current city
This page appears when you try to login using your Facebook profile:
Once authenticated by this step, Facebook's information sharing policy allows us to capture the following fields. These get imported to your database:
- Profile picture
- Entire Work history
- Entire Education history
- Email ID
- Date of birth
- Current City
It is worth noting that Facebook's information policy allows us to receive more information about an alum than LinkedIn's policy does.
Here are some FAQs relating to this:
Will the data for a person automatically get pulled in from LinkedIn or FB to the alumni platform?
- Only if they sign up using FB or LinkedIn - or link their record with social media using the social sync options (while signing up, or on the profile page). If they do, the fields mentioned above for the respective social sites will be pulled to the site.
- To add to this, if an user signs up using FB or LinkedIn, we can keep the FB/LinkedIn information synced for 60 days. This is a limitation set by Facebook and Linkedin. After this time, the permission needs to be refreshed (i.e. user needs to log in again)
- If the user doesn’t log in again to the platform within 60 days then no additional information from FB/LinkedIn can be automatically synced with the site after that point. If the user does logs in after 60 days, he will be redirected to authorize access to the fields once again.
- Once authorized, FB/LinkedIn data will be pulled into the system once again. An extension of 60 days is given to the every time the user logs in to the alumni platform.
If you change jobs and update your LinkedIn profile, would you still need to go into the platform and sync your info or does it happen automatically?
- This information is not updated automatically.
- But as soon as the user hits on Connect with LinkedIn on the Site the information is pulled into the system for the users LinkedIn profile (provided the user signed up using LinkedIn).