What are the different types of custom fields that can be created?
- Field types supported for Custom fields are
1. Single-line, and Multi-line text.
2. Dropdown list
3. Multi-Select Dropdown
4. Radio button
9. Email Address
What will be the privacy settings for these fields?
- The View and Edit permissions for these fields can be set as shown below
View Permissions -
All Registered Users
Edit Permissions -
Can we add these Custom fields as Filters on the Directory Search page?
- The Custom fields can be added to the filters on the Directory Search page.
- If you have any such requirement email us at help.almabase.com specifying which field(s) you want added.
Are there any limitations on the Custom fields?
- We would recommend to not create Custom fields for Education details, Employment details, Home, and Office address, Phone numbers, Email IDs or any other personal details.
- Most of this information can be captured in the default fields that Almabase supports. Adding custom fields for these would lead to inconsistencies in data, and confusion.
- Also, there are additional functionalities built in for these default fields which can be leveraged to good effect if used correctly. These functionalities can not be transferred to the Custom Fields.