We have added a filter option called Email Status on Data Studio.
This filter will help you to understand, every alum's status on their email address.
For e.g Email id is known/unknown, verified, or is invalid, etc.
Here is the glossary for the different email statuses on Almabase
- Unknown: No email has been sent to the associated email id from the platform.
- Verified: At least one email has been successfully delivered to the associated email id.
- Engaged: At least one email has been delivered to the associated email id and was either clicked or opened.
- Hard bounced: Email delivery was attempted but was not delivered because:
- The email address is invalid
- The email addresses doesn’t exist
- Soft bounced: Email delivery was attempted, email address was valid and the email message reached the recipient’s mail server. However, it bounced back because:
- The mailbox was full (the user is over their quota)
- The server was down or a temporary issue with email exchange server.
- The message was too large for the recipient’s inbox
- Firewall restriction
- Marked spam: The email was marked as spam by the user.
- Invalid: The email id associated with the profile is invalid (invalid email format) or the email domain is invalid (does not have MX record associated with email domain).
- Unsubscribed from all communication: The user has opted out from email communications.
Please do not hesitate to write us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding these statuses or to get more details on how it works.