Forms is a feature that lets you collect information in an easy, streamlined way.
Forms have been an integral part of the Almabase platform. Used across various modules like events and giving, forms help collect the information you need for you to plan and execute your campaigns.
To create a Form,
Step 1: Go to the Manage Forms tool through the admin panel
Pro Tip: The dashboard that appears is a list of all forms you've created earlier. The drop-down menu on the bottom left corner lets you create a duplicate of an existing form - this can be useful if you're building a new form that is similar to an existing one.
Step 2: Click on + Add Form
Step 3: Enter the name of the form in the field 'What should this form be called?'. Next, you can select different forms depending on the kind of campaign you are working on -
NOTE: Here is an article that would help you understanding the Different types of Forms
Step 4: Click "Add a Question/Form Field" to add a question to your form.
You can continue adding questions till you are finished. Once done, click on Save changes.
Here are the different setup fields for a form question
The different Field Types that are supported -
This decides the kind of answer that you want to capture.
- Single-Line Text - Use for short text answers, like names or a few words
- Paragraph Text - Use for longer answers, such as descriptions
- Check Boxes - Use when you want multiple checkboxes, out of which you can pick as many options as you want (e.g. Interests: Music, Dance, Art...)
- Drop Down - Use when you have limited options out of which you can pick one option (e.g. House color: Emerald, Topaz, Saphire...)
- Drop Down Range - Use when you have a wide range of options for the user to choose from (e.g. Class year: 1960 to 2020)
- Radio Buttons - Use for radio selection options - i.e. when you want to pick one option from a choice of many. (e.g. Yes, No... Good, Average, Bad ... etc.)
- File Upload - Use when you want a file uploaded (e.g. Resume, photographs, videos, etc.).
NOTE: Large files up to 200mb can be uploaded
- Date - Use when the answer should be a date
NOTE: Refer to this article, to see how to add conditional questions to your form.
Step 5: 'Form Submissions'. It has two components -
- Submit Button Text - You can rename the typical 'Submit" button to anything as per your requirement (e.g. Thank You, Process...)
- Redirect URL - Once a user has submitted the form, you can redirect them to a particular page.
Enter the URL of that page here.
If left blank, it would look something like this when the users Submit their forms -
NOTE: The above Step 4 is applicable for all the types of forms except forms for Events and Giving
Step 6 - 'Accept Submissions' - Toggle it on to accept entries for the forms!
Step 7 - Now that you have the form ready, the next step is to share it.
When you click on the 'Share a Form' button on the top right, the following popup appears.
You can get links for sharing the Form on various platforms including Facebook, Linkedin, and Email.
Hit "Open Form" to have a quick view of the form.
Sample Form View
If you have any suggestions or queries, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com