- Step 1: Go to Banner Pictures through the admin panel navigation menu.
- Step 2: Click on the name of an existing picture to change it, or click on Add Banner Picture on the top right hand side to add a new picture.
- Step 3: Click on Choose File to select a picture from your computer.
- Step 4: Set the order in which the banners appear by specifying a number on the Priority field . 1 appears first, 2 appears after 1 and so on...
- Step 5: Specify for whom the picture will appear from the Visibility menu.
NOTE: Some aspects of the next two steps apply only to certain layouts.
- Step 6: Enter a Heading and Description. On certain layouts, the Heading will appear as text on top of the banner, and the Description will be sub-text
- Step 7: Button text and Button URL let you set up a button that appears on the banner (see above image). On clicking the button, you'll be redirected to the link specified in Button URL. You can specify relative URLs such as /login , /search, /events, /map, /news, /career-center etc.
Pro Tip: You can use Buttons and Visibility in tandem to build out customized experiences for your users.
For example, you can set up a banner with a button saying 'Register Now' (with Button URL as /login), and set its Visibility to 'Only visitors who do not have an account'.
Another Pro Tip: Banner pictures look best when they are roughly in an aspect ratio of 1:3 (i.e. wide landscape images), and the dimensions are at least 450 px*1350 px.
If the subject of the picture is towards the center of the image (both vertically and horizontally) it'll look even better.