There are two methods for merging duplicate profiles.
- Duplicates feature under ‘User’ tab in the admin panel.
- Merging from individual profile pages.
- The steps followed are almost the same, only difference is, in the Duplicates feature, the two profiles which can be merged are already selected.
- While in the individual profile pages, you have to select the profile which you want to merge with.
First Method - Merging using the Duplicates feature on admin panel:
- Step 1: Go to Duplicate through the admin panel.
NOTE: The column of profiles on the left represents the Original, and the one on the right represents duplicate. To swap these, click on Swap.
NOTE: Here, our algorithm computes a weighted match based on how similar fields like Name, Class, Major etc. are on both the profiles and gives a list of pairs profiles which have match percentage equal to or greater than 65%.
- Step 2: Click on ‘Merge’ button. Following screen appears-
Merge profiles – Master record and duplicate record
- Step 3: Select the required fields which you want to be in the merged profile.
NOTE: The parameters with radio button are the single valued fields. It can only hold one value.
The value picked will be the one for which the radio button is selected.
The parameters with the checkbox are the multi-valued fields. So, it can hold multiple set of values.
Checkboxes for both the profiles can be checked.
Here, for instance, ‘First Name’, ’Last Name’ and ‘Mobile Phone Number’ values will be picked from the Master Record, while ‘Email’ and ‘Location’ values will be picked from the Duplicate Record.
'Educations' will picked from Master Record. At the same time, you can also select the one in the Duplicate record, if you want the details from both the profiles.
Step 4: After you have selected the fields to be merged, click on Merge.
All the selected fields will be copied to the ‘Original/Master record’ and the ‘Duplicate record’ will be archived.
Second Method - Merging from individual profile pages:
- Step 1: Go to the unregistered profile that you consider as 'Duplicate' and click Merge Profiles
Profile Page – Merge Profiles
- Step 2: Search for the 'Original' profile and select the appropriate one from the drop-down that appears
Profile Page – Select the original profile
Step 3: Click Merge Profile.
The steps followed after this are same as Steps 3 and 4 in the first method.
While both methods work the same, the process is a lot easier to do from the Duplicate Profiles feature.
Since there are two added benefits-
- Using the Swap button you can select which profile of the two to be the Master Record and the Duplicate record.
- The match score calculated by our algorithm makes it easier for you to pick and merge duplicates with minimal hassle!
TIP: Use the "Swap" option only for the profiles under "Other Profiles".