PayPal is one of the most commonly used providers for processing payments online. Setting up an Integration with this payment gateway is a quick three step process.
- Step 1: If you don't already have a PayPal account, set up an account with PayPal for Education from here: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/education
- Step 2: After you create the account, Click on Settings button on the Summary Page.
- Step 3: Click on My setting tools > Update button in the API access section.
- Step 4: Scroll down to the section Custom checkout experience. Click on Manage API credentials in NVP/SOAP API integration (Classic)
Step 5: Click on Show to retrieve Username, Password, and Signature key.
Save these details to use in the next steps.
- Step 6: Once you have these details, go to Payment Accounts in the admin panel. Here, click on Add Payment account.
- Step 7: Now, select PayPal as the Type and give a name of your choice to the account.
- Step 8: Add the information you got from PayPal in the ‘Metadata’ box in the format shown below.
Example Format :
NOTE: Make sure you've checked the 'is active' box! Once you're done, click Save.
If you have any trouble with this, feel free to reach out to the support team or your account manager. They'll help you set up.