What do this mean for my database?
- Every record now has a status to determine whether that specific record is going to show up on the engagement platform, or not.
- Listed records will show up on the directory, while Unlisted records will only be accessible by administrators.
- You can now upload more than just alumni data on Almabase. (parents, recruiters, sponsors, local organizations, etc.) and have them unlisted on the directory, but still have almabase do all the heavy lifting during email campaigns and engagement reports for those records.
But why add unlisted records ?
- Protect the privacy of celebrities / major gift donors / etc. by unlisting them from the directory
- Almabase’s Engagement Rating and all our Communication tools can be applied to all these records.
- You can use data studio and the communication center to segment and send emails to parents or other roles from within Almabase.
- Raiser’s Edge NXT sync will continue to work for these records as well - and any data that gets added or updated here can be pushed to your RE
What about emails?
Both listed and unlisted records can receive emails. Only archived records (merged records, blocked accounts) will be omitted during an email campaign.
How does this differ from Active / Inactive states?
The 2 biggest changes you will notice are :
- Records that were merged or accounts that were rejected or blocked are no longer seen on data studio. They are archived, and cannot be accessed.
- Email list uploads are now unlisted records on data studio. Hence you will notice that the record count on data studio may have gone up significantly.
- Unlisted records are indicated by this icon:
Here are some of the other changes that you will notice.
Why are some of the registered profiles unlisted?
Registered profiles will be Unlisted in 3 cases
Case 1: The user registered but did not verify their Email Address in other words their Registration status is "Pending Email ID Verification"
Case 2: The user registered, verified but is yet to be approved by admin in other words their Registration Status is "Pending Approval"
Case 3: The user has explicitly asked to be unlisted, or the admin manually marked the profile unlisted.
Note: Registration status for a record can be checked on Data Studio.
How can I make a profile Listed or Unlisted from Directory?
You can do it easily on data studio by just following 2 simple steps:
Step 1: In data studio select the profile you want to list/unlist.
Step 2: Goto Admin Actions> Record Status> List on Directory or Unlist from Directory
That's it! Based on the option you choose the record will be listed or unlisted from directory.