Can we change the font?
- The Font across the site can be changed to any of the google supported fonts. Check here. To make this change reach out to email@example.com
Does your system run address verification when a person enters/updates it online?
- No, we do not run an address verification.
Should we upload dead/deceased alumni? How would they show on the record?
- Yes, if you can provide us info about deceased alumni (deceased status (Y/N), Date of Death), we can incorporate this. They'll be marked as ‘deceased' alumni on the directory and unlisted from receiving any emails.
Do we have access to backend administration to add values. (Example, if we offer 17 degrees this year and put that in our table, what if we add another degree next year. Can you add that or do we fix it?
- Yes, as administrators, you will have access to it and you can add additional entries later.
Can we fix duplicates on the backend portion of the data or is this something we would need you to do?
- We have a duplicate finder tool that will surface out potential duplicates based on an algorithm. You will have access to this tool. The best practice is to regularly merge duplicates. Detailed explanation on how to merge duplicate profiles is given here.
Can you change the interests offered?
- Share the list of interests you want to offer, we will add those to our system.
How do I remove mentors?
- Under "User management", you'll find "Mentorship". Within this, there is an option called "Mentors". You can find list of user who signed up for mentorship here. Click on the check box beside mentor name whom you want to delete and on the bottom left of the same page, you'll find a drop down, select "Delete selected mentor” and click on Proceed
How to remove a notable alumni?
- Go to "Notable alumni" under "User management" section. Click on the check box beside the name and on the bottom left of the same page, you'll find a drop down, select "Delete selected Notable alumni” and click on Proceed.
I have a table in excel and I need to insert it on this page. How can I do it along with the formatting?
- You can copy the excel table to the page editor directly.
- The editor will format it into a table, but unfortunately, the format of the contents within table won't be copied.
- You will have to format the cell contents using the formatting options given in the page editor.
I am trying to delete some profiles from the Data Studio. The unregistered profiles are deleted, but the registered ones are not.
This is the error statement I am getting : "Profile has user linked with. Cannot delete profile.”
Is there a way to delete, these profiles?
- Registered profiles cannot be deleted from the “Data Studio”.
- Follow the below steps to delete them:
- Step 1: In the admin panel, go to Users>All Registered Users.
- Step 2: All registered users will be listed here. Find the user you want to delete and select the checkbox beside the profile.
- Step 3: From the dropdown box in the bottom left side select “Delete selected user” and hit “Proceed”.
- Step 4: On the page that appears next, click on the bottom right side button “Yes, I’m sure”.
Can people sign up using LinkedIn, FB, or just their email address?
- They can sign up using either LinkedIn, FB or email address. All three works.
Only their name and current employment status (title & company) would become available from LinkedIn to the our site. Is that correct?
- Name, Email ID, Profile Picture, Location and current employment details will be pulled from LinkedIn.
Will the data become available from the LinkedIn or FB to the site(depending on which one they used to sign up)?
- Only if they sign up using FB or LinkedIn the details from the respective social sites will be pulled to the site.
- There is one more thing to add to this, if an user signs up using FB or LinkedIn, the number of days for which you can keep the FB/LinkedIn information synced with the site is 60 days.
- If the user doesn’t log in again within 60 days then no more information from FB/LinkedIn can be synced with the site.If the user logs in after 60 days, he will be redirected to authorize again the information that is being synced with the site.
- Once authorized, FB/LinkedIn data will be pulled into the system. An extension of 60 days is given to the users FB/LinkedIn information to sync with the site, every time the user logs in.
If you change jobs and update your LinkedIn profile, you would still need to go into the platform and sync your info or does it happen automatically?
- This information is not updated automatically.
- But as soon as the user hits on Connect with LinkedIn on the Site the information is pulled into the system for the users LinkedIn profile (provided the user signed up using LinkedIn).
What is dimension for metadata picture, when we post on our Social Media platforms?
- The right dimension for Metadata picture is 1200 x 630 pixels.
Check this link - https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/best-practices/
What is the size limit on resume files uploaded when applying for a job?
- File size limit is 20Mb per upload.
Can we restrict access to certain features like, Directory, Jobs, Gallery, etc. to only specific roles?
- Yes, you can restrict access to these features to only the roles you want.
- In the Admin panel, enter Access Control in search bar.
Click on Access Control. Here, you can see all the features listed.
- Click on Edit button, you see on the right side of of the features.
- A pop-up with all the roles, and membership types listed, appears on the screen.
Please select the Memberships and/or Roles of users who cannot access the feature. If you uncheck all options, it means all users have access