There are 3 parts involved in setting up BBMS integration with Almabase
Part 1 - Prerequisites from Blackbaud
Step 1: Create a new Blackbaud user account to use as your Payments API user.
Tip: Use a generic email address which can be accessed by one or more individuals at the organisation for authorization with the Almabase..
Step 2: To get started with BBMS on Almabase, we need you to grant us access as a Payments user in your Blackbaud system and approve the SKY API Console application.
Please follow these instructions:
2.Select Security in the top menu bar.
3.Ensure you have a Payments role in place:
- Navigate to the Roles tab.
- If a role does not exist in the Payments roles section, click the plus sign to create one.
- On the Create Payments role screen, enter a role name and description.
- Under SKY API Tasks, select the Access all endpoints field.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
4.Invite a user to the Payments role:
- Navigate to the Users tab and select Add user.
- On the Add user screen:
- In the Name and Email fields, enter Almabase and email@example.com.
- In the Payments box, select the Payments role from the drop-down list. This automatically selects the box next to Payments.
- To send an email invitation to the developer’s email address, click Send Invite.
5.To approve the SKY API Console application, select Applications in the top menu bar.
- Use the search field on the Available apps tab to search for the SKY API Console application.
- If the application is not active, click Connect.
Part 2 - Setting up a new account on Almabase and authorizing Payments API
Step 1: Once the prerequisite steps are done, Almabase will get a notification on firstname.lastname@example.org to accept the invite.
Step 2: After the invite is accepted, you need to create a brand new account on Almabase and grant it admin access.
Note: Do not use any existing account for this. Also use this account only for BBMS integration.
Step 3: Log in on that account and go to /login/blackbaud
For e.g: - https://alumni.myschool.org/login/blackbaud
Step 4: You'll be redirected to the Blackbaud login page.
Sign in with the account created in Step 1 of Part 1 - Prerequisites from Blackbaud of this process.
On the Blackbaud authorization page select Payments API from the dropdown and click on Authorize.
Part 3 - Almabase enables the BBMS payment account on the platform
For this you just need to let the account manager know that you've authorized the Payments API on Blackbaud.
Almabase will then complete the set up and enable BBMS on the platform.
Account manager will let you know once it is done.
Write to us at email@example.com in case of any queries.